JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over the age of 21.
What is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is the first injectable gel to be FDA-approved for the instant correction of age-related volume loss in the cheek area. JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC replaces lost volume which creates a contour and lift for up to two years.
is a non-surgical filler used to instantly smooth and fill lines along the sides of the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM XC is made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid (HA), manufactured using proprietary HYLACROSS™ technology.
Is JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC safe?
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is the first FDA-Approved Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler to replace lost volume in the cheek area.
What are results like with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC?
When administered by a master injector, such as Dr. Anita Dormer, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC can provide natural-looking results for up to one year. Dr. Dormer has over 20 years experience in Critical Care medicine, making her uniquely qualified to treat skin and aging. Dr. Dormer has been providing JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC treatments to patients since XXXX, and performs JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC treatments regularly.
Does JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC hurt?
JUVÉDERM XC injections may cause some discomfort during and after treatment. JUVÉDERM® XC is formulated with lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment experience. However for this procedure, we typically apply a topical anesthetic to make the experience as comfortable as possble.
When will I see results?
Post-injection, results from JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC can be seen instantly and will last up to one year. Immediately after injection it is common to experience some swelling and bruising. Swelling and/or bruising may last up to several weeks.
Is a follow-up visit required?
Dr. Dormer offers all of her patients receiving JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC a free follow-up visit to assess treatment. We advise Patients to schedule their follow-up visit about 10 to 14 days, post-treatment.
* In the United States, JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC is indicated for correction of moderate to severe volume loss in the cheek area.
† Most subjects acquired optimal correction at initial treatment. Some subjects required up to 2 touch-ups to achieve optimal correction.
‡ This includes all JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel formulations.
To book an appointment or consultation, call 212.535.5905.
For more information regarding JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC please review the Important Safety Information (ISI) located below.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION (ISI)
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
• The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied.
• The safety JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC for patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied.
• The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC for treatment in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies.
• The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
• The safety of JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC in patients with very thin skin in the cheek area and the safety of repeat treatments in patients has not been studied.
• There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment.
• Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
• Tell your health care professional if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection.
• Tell your health care professional if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
• Minimize strenuous exercise and exposure to extensive sun or heat within the first 24 hours following treatment with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC.
What are possible side effects?
For JUVÉDERM XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
For JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable), and generally last 2 to 4 weeks. The most common side effects include temporary reactions at the treatment site such as tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
JUVÉDERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.
Juvederm Voluma XC and HYLACROSS Technology are registered trademark of Allergan, Inc. Important Safety Information (ISI) provided by Allergan, 2015.