JUVÉDERM XC injectable gel is a filler treatment for facial tissue with moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds. JUVÉDERM XC temporarily add volume to the skin, especially around the nose and mouth.
What is JUVÉDERM® XC?
JUVÉDERM XC is a non-surgical filler used to instantly smooth and fill lines along the sides of the nose and mouth. JUVÉDERM XC is made from a modified form of hyaluronic acid (HA), manufactured using proprietary HYLACROSS™ technology.
Is JUVÉDERM XC safe?
JUVÉDERM XC is the only FDA-Approved Hyaluronic Acid (HA) filler to last up to one year.*
What are results like with JUVÉDERM XC?
When administered by a master injector, such as Dr. Anita Dormer, JUVÉDERM XC can provide natural-looking results for up to one year. When performed by a master injector, such as Dr. Anita Dormer, JUVÉDERM XC results look natural. Dr. Dormer has over 20 years experience in Critical Care medicine, making her uniquely qualified to treat skin and aging. Dr. Dormer has been providing JUVÉDERM XC treatments to patients since XXXX, and performs JUVÉDERM XC treatments regularly.
Does JUVÉDERM XC hurt?
JUVÉDERM XC injections may cause some discomfort during and after treatment. JUVÉDERM® XC is formulated with lidocaine for a more comfortable treatment experience. However for this procedure, we typically apply a topical anesthetic to make the experience as comfortable as possble.
When will I see results?
Post-injection, results from JUVÉDERM XC can be seen instantly and will last up to one year. Immediately after injection it is common to experience some swelling and bruising. Swelling and/or bruising may last up to several weeks.
Is a follow-up visit required?
Dr. Dormer offers all of her patients receiving JUVÉDERM XC a free follow-up visit to assess treatment. We advise Patients to schedule their follow-up visit about 10 to 14 days, post-treatment.
* In the United States, JUVÉDERM® XC is indicated for correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds (such as nasolabial folds.)
† Most subjects acquired optimal correction at initial treatment. Some subjects required up to 2 touch-ups to achieve optimal correction.
‡ This includes all JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel formulations.
To book an appointment or consultation, call 212.535.5905.
For more information regarding JUVÉDERM XC please review the Important Safety Information (ISI) below.
JUVÉDERM® XC IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION (ISI)
Are there any reasons why I should not receive JUVÉDERM® XC?
Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to the proteins (gram-positive bacterial proteins) used to make the hyaluronic acid (HA) in these products. Do not use JUVÉDERM® XC if you are allergic to lidocaine.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
• The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel for use during pregnancy or in women who are breastfeeding has not been studied.
• The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC for use in patients under 18 years has not been studied.
• The safety and effectiveness of JUVÉDERM® XC for treatment of areas other than facial wrinkles and folds (such as lips) have not been established in clinical studies.
• The safety of JUVÉDERM® XC in patients with a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) and pigmentation disorders has not been studied, and use may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation.
• There is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if laser procedures and chemical peeling are performed after treatment.
• Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects.
• Tell your health care professional if you are on therapy used to decrease the body’s immune response (immunosuppressive therapy). Use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection.
• Tell your health care professional if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site.
What are possible side effects?
For JUVÉDERM® XC, most side effects are mild or moderate in nature, and last 7 days or less. The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as: redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.
As with all skin-injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUVÉDERM® XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-624-4261.
For more information, please see the Frequently Asked Questions page at www.juvederm.com or call the Allergan Medical Information line at 1-800-433-8871.
JUVÉDERM® XC injectable gel is available by prescription only.
Juvederm XC and HYLACROSS Technology are registered trademark of Allergan, Inc. Important Safety Information (ISI) provided by Allergan, 2015.